Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ok well the youth right now are at a global mission event. This event has been organized by the ELCA and it is such an amazing experience to be around about 1,000 Lutherans who are so passionate about God. So far I have been to a session on buying fair trade products, one on being a world hunger advocate, and how to kick off a successful mission event. I have learned so much here that I cant wait to take back and use in life and in the church. I cant explain how great it feels to be around so many people that belive in God just as strongly as I do. Yesterday we listened to a speaker from Rahwanda who lived in a Pastors bathroom for 91 days without speaking in the hope that she would survive. When she came out of the bathroom she discovered that she had no one left. Her entire family had been killed but even then she believed and trusted in God. She found it in hersefl to forgive the people who killed her family, friends, and neighbors. She was such an inspiration to me to always forgive and trust in God and know that he has a plan for all of us. I am so glad that i was able to experience this and I would like to thank the congregation for this uplifting opportunity.
Chelsie Cooper

No comments: